I was trying out a technique i saw on the Sizzix blog, http://sizzixblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/die-cutting-techniques-textured.html and thought the results were perfect for taking part in the Autumn Leaves challenge at http://www.simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/simon-saysautumn-leaves.html.
I had used a cuttlebug leaves embossing folder to try out this technique and decided to cut out around the leaves. I wanted to make the most of the dimensional aspect caused by the leaves curling up naturally as the glue dried.
I was aiming for an autumn feel hence the colour choices. I also wanted to recreate the feel of what i saw at a butterfly farm we visited on holiday. I used the perfect splatter distress technique for the background. The butterflies are cut out of Graphic 45 paper and covered in glossy accents. As i don't have the right type of ribbon everyone appears to be using to spray and thread through tags. I cut up some old gauze i found when organizing our first aid box. Sprays beautifully, is very cheap and the fraying gives a vintage feel.
Included this pic to try to show the dimensional aspect. Pretty pleased with the results but would use more greens next time. Also miffed at myself because i forgot to ink the edges of the butterflies before gluing.
Stash used: Distress inks-Rusty Hinge, Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo, Wild Honey and Old Paper.
Archival ink- Coffee.
Cuttlebug embossing folder.
Graphic 45 butterfly paper.
Perfect pearls- various, sorry forgot to note them down before putting them away.
Gauze- from first aid box.